20 Apr Office Practicum® 8.1 Achieves Conditional CCHIT® 08 Certification in Ambulatory and Child Health EHR Domains
The Certification Commission for Healthcare Information Technology (CCHIT®) today announced that Connexin Software Inc.’s product Office Practicum® 8.1 is a conditionally CCHIT Certified® 08 Ambulatory EHR (additionally certified for Child Health) pending advanced ePrescribing and operational use verification. Ambulatory electronic health records (EHRs) are designed for physician offices and clinics where most Americans get their healthcare. The Commission – a private, nonprofit organization – is the Recognized Certification Body in the United States for certifying health information technology products.
In the third year of the program’s operation, the criteria and testing have been significantly updated again to provide physicians with more assurance that certified products will meet their needs for functionality, interoperability and security. The Commission added 19 criteria to the 200 required in 2007. Those changes were focused on the ability to exchange patient information with other systems. A CCHIT Certified 08 Ambulatory EHR ensures:
- Additional electronic prescribing features: access to the patient’s medication history, formulary, and eligibility. Connexin Software is actively working with SureScripts to certify these features and expects to deliver them by early June 2009, at which time Office Practicum will qualify for full CCHIT certification.
- Better and safer medication dosing, adjusted for patient weight and other factors.
- Better ability to prevent adverse reactions due to drug interactions or allergies.
- Use of standard formats to exchange basic patient information for continuity of care.
- Enhanced ability to view X-rays and other diagnostic images.
- Better management of patient consents and authorizations.
- Increased use of standard formats when receiving and storing laboratory results.
“CCHIT certification is a critical milestone in the development of Office Practicum,” said Fredrick R. Pytlak, Connexin Chairman and CEO. “It is a tangible sign of the maturity and stability of the product, and of our commitment to standards and interoperability. We look forward to maintaining certification in the future and staying at the cutting edge of pediatric practice needs.”
About Connexin Software, Inc.
Connexin Software, Inc. is the leading provider of electronic medical records systems for use in pediatric clinical settings. Since 1995, Connexin has provided innovative solutions to hundreds of medical practices in over 40 states, ranging from solo providers to hospital-based clinics. The privately held company maintains primary offices in New York City and suburban Philadelphia.
“Office Practicum®” is a registered mark of Connexin Software, Inc.
The Certification Commission for Healthcare Information Technology (CCHIT®) is a private, nonprofit organization that has been named by the federal government as the Recognized Certification Body for health information technology. Its mission is to accelerate the adoption of health information technology by creating a credible, sustainable certification program. The certification requirements are based on widely accepted industry standards and involve the work of hundreds of expert volunteers and input from a variety of stakeholders throughout the health care industry.
More information on CCHIT and CCHIT Certified® products is available at http://www.cchit.org/ andhttp://www.ehrdecisions.com/.
“CCHIT®” and “CCHIT Certified®” are registered marks of the Certification Commission for Healthcare Information Technology.