Say goodbye to handwritten prescriptions for controlled and non-controlled substances. With ePrescribing, you’ll be able to create and refill prescriptions from within the OP platform and transmit them directly to the pharmacies your patients use.
Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances (EPCS)
Keeping up with the regulations surrounding controlled substances like Ritalin and Adderall is a task in and of itself. Fortunately, EPCS functionality, including regulatory compliance, is part of OP’s ePrescribing solution.
With EPCS, you have the extra level of security required to prescribe controlled substances electronically. Plus, the setup is simple—we handle everything for you–and we help you remain compliant with DEA regulations.
Additional benefits of OP’s ePrescribing solution:
Creates an electronic record of each patient’s medications for easy management
- OP’s solution is connected to SureScripts, a database of all medications reported to state registries. This allows you to see the medications you’ve prescribed, as well as those prescribed by others.
Easily converts weight-based dosing according to the patient’s most recent weight
- No need to perform dosing conversions yourself. OP’s ePrescribing solution does it automatically for you. Plus, it also converts from pill to liquid form. If the patient’s insurance doesn’t cover a particular medication or form (e.g., liquid), our platform gives you the ability to search for a substitute.
Adapts for practice-specific and provider-specific “favorites” list
- Most pediatric practices have certain medications that they prescribe on a regular basis. Instead of having to scroll through all the medications available, you can create a shorter list of the most commonly prescribed medications for your practice as a whole and/or for each provider individually. Access to the complete list of medications will still be available.
Provides patient-specific interactions as well as formulary details
- Document drug allergies directly in the system so that you don’t mistakenly prescribe them.
- Receive real-time information regarding covered benefits of patient formularies.
Allows for Electronic Prior Authorization (ePA)
- Have your medication prior authorizations sent electronically for faster results.